2011年10月20日 星期四

It’s tough to plan when the world conspires against you

I figured out fairly early in our marriage that asking him questions about anything that might happen at any point in the future was useless. Any question of that nature was answered with a grunt, a shoulder shrug, or a dirty look.

For example, if I ask him where he’s going when he heads out the door in the morning, his response is,Traditional Cold Sore claim to clean all the air in a room. “Work.” Now, if he had an office job, that answer might suffice. I would know he was going to be in his office until 5 p.m. or so. Unfortunately,They take the Aion Kinah to the local co-op market. “work” for my husband might take place anywhere in the county. He could be farming,the worldwide rubber hose market is over $56 billion annually. working in the shop, checking cows, hauling bales, taking grain to the elevator, or taking a nap in the barn for all I know.

If I ask him if we will be attending an event next week, tomorrow, or in a few hours, I always get the same response: “Stop trying to make a plan.”

For many years, this practice frustrated me. I could never RSVP to an event. I couldn’t make arrangements for a babysitter. I couldn’t make plans.

Through the years,we supply all kinds of polished tiles, though, I have realized something. He’s right.

Trust me; it’s painful to admit it. But the fact remains that making plans when four kids and a farm are involved is a risky venture. It often results in disappointment. If we make plans to attend a function in March, for example, a heifer invariably chooses to push out a hind leg as we drive by the calving lot on our way to town. If we plan to go somewhere for the weekend but stop to check the cows first, we find some sort of disaster that thwarts our plans. If we make plans that hinge on the hay being baled, it rains.

Occasionally, I accept invitations to speak at various agricultural conferences and meetings. Of course, this involves writing down a date on the calendar when I must be away from home. Every time I do that, my husband shakes his head and repeats his refrain: “Stop trying to make a plan.” And every time I am preparing to leave, one of our kids catches a cold, has an ear infection, or starts vomiting.

My most recent attempt to spend a day away from home was in mid-October, a date that should have worked quite well for our schedules. When the commitment was made, I was certain that my husband would be done hauling hay, seeding, and bringing home the cows, so even if the kids were to become sick, he would be available to take care of them.

Naturally, he was right. I should not have made a plan. The youngest child began the cycle of stomach flu the week before the trip. The oldest girl simultaneously caught a virus involving a high fever and a sore throat. And two days before I was supposed to leave, my husband started seeding again.

I have probably not learned my lesson. I’ll probably continue to plan, and my husband will continue to shake his head at my foolishness.Unlike traditional Hemroids , And even as I make my future plans, I’ll be wondering why it is that the kids are always well when my help is required for some unpleasant task like pulling bulls or preg checking?

沒有留言:

張貼留言