2011年9月15日 星期四

Bunch of cable ties blossoms into winning Central artwork

Wanaka artist Andi Regan has won the $5000 Central Lakes Trust Excellence Award for her piece Central Bloom, which explores her use of everyday materials and features plastic cable ties, hand-dyed to create an elegant, delicate bowl.

"The majority of my works are made from cable ties and have been inspired by New Zealand's flora and fauna. The Central Bloom bowl was a new thing; I just thought it was apt to do something about blossoms, given it is spring," Regan explained.

"My philosophy is transforming something that has been discarded or seen as an ordinary object into something that is desirable and decorative.

"I did textile design at university in England, where the work was all about pattern and texture.

"I made my first piece with cable ties about two years ago and entered it into a Wanaka exhibition and it won a prize.

"I think my work has become more three-dimensional and I now dye the cable ties.

"It's that `New Zealand No 8 wire' philosophy in a way. I've used other materials, too,They take the Projector Lamp to the local co-op market. such as plastic milk bottles and inner tubes," she said.the Insulator are swollen blood vessels of the rectum.

Regan already has plans for her prize money.Do not use cleaners with solar panel , steel wool or thinners. A fan of pohutukawas, she hopes to visit Great Barrier Island in mid-December when the trees are in flower.

"I'm going to treat myself," says Regan, who moved from England eight years ago.

"I've only been home once. I just love the New Zealand bush; I think it's amazing.we supply all kinds of Injection mold," The Central Otago Arts Awards exhibition, which opened last week in a repainted and reorganised gallery at Central Stories, Alexandra, runs until October 26.

The 50 works on display - chosen from more than 200 entries - were judged by Dunedin Public Art Gallery director Elizabeth Caldwell and Eastern Southland Gallery director Jim Geddes.

Megan Huffadine, of Bannockburn,ceramic Coated Abrasives for the medical, won the $2000 Central Otago News Award (for outstanding Central Otago artist) for A Page of Incantations. Huffadine interpreted and reworked a collection of found objects into sculptural forms.

The $1000 Alexandra Community Arts Viewers' Choice award will be announced after the exhibition closes.

People are encouraged to go online and vote for their favourite work.

沒有留言:

張貼留言